Five Years Later...

We started this blog when we went to the Ukraine to adopt our daughter Elizabeth in 2005. Five years later we are loving life with our daughter (now 6) and our son, Chris (23). Tom continues to farm and I have the wonderful job of a stay-at-home mother and farm-wife. God has truly blessed us with two wonderful kids, a great new home, all while being surrounded by a terrific family, friends, and church family!



Saturday, March 18, 2006

What do hail stones and kidney stones have in common?

We had a hail storm on sunday night, the 12th. Elizabeth loved to eat the hail! Can you see her looking out the window? So....what do hail stones and kidney stones have in common? I had them both that week! I developed a 6mm kidney stone on the 9th (Ouch! They hurt!!) and finally had it surgically removed on March 16th). I'm glad to be rid of it!!

Elizabeth cough and running nose still lingers, but she is feeling much, much better. She is happy to be back in day care, and had missed the kids and Miss Courtney. My mom and Tom both got to see Day Care this week, since they drove me to/from work since my pain meds made me too sleepy to drive.

She did very well the night while I was in the hospital. My sister, Holly, and my brother, Gary, were nice enough to bring her to the hospital so I could see her and then she stayed with us until Tom left and he took her home. She hugged me and waved bye-bye and seemed happy and content to leave with daddy. On Friday morning, daddy took her to his sister, Machelles, and when he brought her home, she gave me the cold shoulder for about 5-10 minutes, but soon she was loving, hugging, and kissing me again and all was right with the world. I hope I don't have to spend another night away from her any time soon!!

I was reminded once again, how lucky we are with our families and friends looking in on us, taking care of Elizabeth, driving us around, the many calls received and many offers of help. Thanks to everyone. I really, really, REALLY hope this is the last time we need it for a long, long, LONG time!! ;-)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: