Five Years Later...

We started this blog when we went to the Ukraine to adopt our daughter Elizabeth in 2005. Five years later we are loving life with our daughter (now 6) and our son, Chris (23). Tom continues to farm and I have the wonderful job of a stay-at-home mother and farm-wife. God has truly blessed us with two wonderful kids, a great new home, all while being surrounded by a terrific family, friends, and church family!



Thursday, September 29, 2005

Could this be the last of the paperwork??

Today my mom rode with me to the adoption agency in St. Louis so we could review our final set of paperwork that we will complete in the Ukraine! Yeah! It is really starting to seem real now, as we get closer and closer. What used to be a dream may really happen soon!

While we were there I found out that there are many cities that we may travel to, not just the original three that I mentioned in an earlier blog.

It was a beautiful day and I was happy to spend the day with my mom. I know that soon we'll be in the Ukraine for 5 weeks and I know I will get very homesick for my family, especially for my mom, sisters, and son. Mom took me out for a nice lunch at the Cracker Barrell. Yum!

Later that day, Mom went with me to Wal-Mart where we were able to pick up many of the necessary things needed for the trip. For Elizabeth we got things like Infant Tylenol, a baby thermometer, pajamas, Cheerios, Oragel, etc. For us we got things like vitamins, Nyquil, contact solution (I have heard that is sometimes difficult to find in the Ukraine). Sometimes I feel like I'm buying too much and packing too much, but I just want to make sure that if we need it, we'll have it. I know that food, formula, diapers, etc. are readily available there, but it's those little things like cold medicine and pacifiers that I'm not sure we'll be able to find. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Of course I haven't begun to see if all of this will fit into our luggage, so that will be the final determinant of what we will and won't take.

No comments: